Looking for Virginia hospitality jobs at a Virginia Bed and Breakfast Inn? Look no further. From seasonal work to full time jobs, the right Virginia hospitality job is out there for you.
Are you a chef or a gardener? Maybe you're a college student looking for a summer housekeeping job? Or maybe you're an experienced innkeeper who's looking to manage an inn... Our Virginia Bed and Breakfast Association members place jobs here, so check back regularly to see updates to our job listings and consider working at one of our fine StayVA.com member inns.
Current Virginia Hospitality Jobs at Member Inns:
Asst. Innkeeper-Front Desk
Location: The Henry Clay Inn - , Virginia 114 N. Railroad Ave. 23005
The Henry Clay Inn
Position Description: Assistant Innkeeper-Front Desk
Pay scale: $10.00/hour Part-Time scheduling.
The Assistant Innkeeper is responsible for the daily routine of the inn and acts for the inn manager when necessary. The job responsibilities vary each day depending on the activities of the guests and related events.
The Assistant Innkeeper must be highly service-oriented, have excellent customer relation skills, exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and be a “team player”. Must understand and be able to use various technology and social media outlets.
Employee should be in good physical condition as duties can be physically demanding, involving walking, standing, bending, climbing stairs, reaching and lifting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet guests, answer phone calls, reply to emails and provide exemplary customer service to all guests and vendors.
• Respond as quickly as possible to all guest inquiries for overnight accommodations, encouraging guests to make reservations.
• Expand and maintain company database.
• Manage daily operations including breakfast preparation and clean up, light general cleaning, guest room cleaning, and laundry as needed.
• Maintain calendar of events and property management system.
• Be knowledgeable of the area being served in order to give advice and make suggestions for activities and services to guests. Also, to be able to provide on-going competitive analysis for planning purposes. Participate in the creating of special events, packages and seek creative opportunities to market the property and its capabilities to the community.
• At all times, insure that all laws regulated by the applicable health department and the Virginia ABC are enforced and maintained.
• Assist housekeepers as needed with guest rooms cleaning.
• Oversee common areas, including kitchen cleanup and public restrooms.
• Assist in managing inventory of cleaning supplies, room amenities, beverage supplies.
• Social Media and Marketing-limited role, assist as needed
Compensation Package includes the following:
Hourly wages paid every other Friday. Additional compensation is earned with quarterly bonus based on upselling guest related extras.
How to Apply
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com and put HCI-Front Desk in the subject line.
Type of work: Part Time
Dates: 02/07/2018 thru 04/02/2019