6 Fall Travel Tips From StayVA, the Virginia
Bed and Breakfast Association
We’re about to hit peak fall foliage here in beautiful Virginia
. Although many of our lodging properties have booked up, there’s still time to reserve your Virginia b & b stay. That's why we've put together 6 fall travel tips to make your trip easier. Come and enjoy the bright shades of autumn!
Because it may be easy to overlook a few necessary things to help you enjoy your fall getaway to its fullest, check out our handy travel tips. It will help make the most of your Virginia vacation:
- Book your room in advance. While some properties may have rooms open for walk-ins, chances are, everything will be booked up with other fall foliage travelers. Click here to browse our properties now!
- Be sure to have your camera. Whether it’s a point-and-shoot, a professional DSLR, or a simple camera on your phone, you’ll want to be ready to capture all of the brilliance of the upcoming fall foliage.
- Bring your hiking boots. The best autumn views are, of course, outdoors, and sometimes it may require a bit of effort to reach them.
- Dress in layers. Fall weather in Virginia is changeable. So, the day can offer anything from hot sunshine to a cold rainstorm. Check the weather forecast and bring layers of clothing for your convenience.”
- Stay up-to-date with autumn in Virginia by calling the “Fall Foliage Hotline” at 1-800-424-LOVE.
- Coordinate your getaway with specific fall festivals. There are numerous autumn festivals all across Virginia, so plan your vacation around a festival and enjoy the array of fall colors as an added bonus.
Ready to book your room? Check out a list of our StayVA members
Also, don’t forget to follow StayVA on Facebook
, and Pinterest
. (If you take photos of the fall foliage, feel free to share them with us on our social media sites!)