Be warned! The following information may cause you an immense and sudden hunger. It may also cause the immediate need to book a stay at the Ashby Inn & Restaurant. (And if our descriptions of the food don’t do it, the photos certainly will!) The Ashby Inn & Restaurant is known for a variety of aspects, including their lavish accommodations, as well as their breathtaking wedding venue. And of course, their onsite eatery. Let’s focus on the eatery. If you’re looking for good food in the middle of the week—whether that be a light lunch or a hearty dinner—then Ashby Inn is at your service. Set in Virginia’s wine country, The Ashby Restaurant is a destination for those who appreciate the interplay of local cuisine fashioned specifically for a marriage with wine. Good food and good wine naturally go together. At the Ashby Inn, they have a series of wine selections available by the glass, both for lunch and dinner. The Inn menus feature everything from lobster soup with potato and leek to lamb with braised shoulder ravioli.
Here is a small menu sampling to whet your appetite from the Ashby Inn & Restaurant:BREAKFAST
- Smoked Salmon Florentine with fried eggs, sautéed spinach, and triple cooked potatoes
- Monté Cristo Sandwich with egg battered brioche, ham, and turkey
- Ashby Burger with Swiss cheese, grilled onion, and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Beer Battered fish and chips with Sauvignon Blanc
- Martin’s Ribeye with potato pave, mushrooms and asparagus, and Cabernet Sauvignon
- English Pea Ravioli with spring garlic, fava beans, and Pinot Noir